Real Estate Recap: September 2016
September’s monthly market report released by Florida REALTORS® detailed significant changes in 2016 when compared to 2015. The South Florida real estate market in particular saw an increase in inventory and a minor drop in sales in September, while our office maintained its steady pace.
Palm Beach County
Although the statistics in August’s report were predominantly positive, September brought more of a mixed overview for single family homes in Palm Beach County. Overall number of homes sold was down slightly (2.4 percent), while the median price point was up sharply, increasing by 10.9 percent when compared to 2015. A much-needed increase in available homes for sale was noted as well, growing 9 percent when compared year-over-year. Days on market went up as well, increasing by 16%, from 43 days to 50 days
Palm Beach County townhouses and condos showed similar statistics, with sales dropping by 3.3 percent in the past year and inventory increasing by 6.5 percent. The median sale price also rose, and now sits at $158,500 — 9.3 percent increase over 2015. Days on market increased as well, going from 51 days in 2015 to 59 days in 2016, a rise of 15.7 percent.
Single family homes in Broward County showed a major reduction in available homes in September, dropping by 10.3 percent from 2015’s numbers. Sales, however, were on par with Palm Beach County, also reflecting a slight decline when compared to 2015. Notably, the median sale price grew by 12 percent from $290,250 to $350,000.
The rise in inventory for Broward County townhouses and condos was less significant than that of Palm Beach County, increasing a mere 1.9 percent. Statistics for closed sales fell 5.3 percent, while the median sale price clocked in at an impressive 12.8 percent more than in 2015, rising from $133,000 to $150,000.
Our Featured Listing
Sitting on one of the most desirable waterfront lots in Villa D’Este in Deer Creek Golf Club, this home boasts glorious views and a wealth of amenities. The home features updated kitchens and bathrooms, with marble floors in the main living areas and wood floors in all three bedrooms. The price of this home was recently reduced, so now is the time to schedule a tour with Ron Posner or Adam Stein!
Learn more about the home: http://search.steinposner.com/idx/details/listing/b006/RX-10267761/717-Via-Verona.
New Stein Posner Listings
Our team’s September listings covered the map, ranging from Miami to Lake Worth.
- 717 Via Verona, Deerfield Beach, FL 33442 – Ron Posner (561.239.8040) / Adam Stein (561.241.2103)
- 4360 Pomelo Blvd, Boynton Beach, FL 33436 – Judi Colclasure (954.665.0601)
- 13322 SW 103rd Place, Miami, FL 33176– Sasha Pena (786.277.1843) / Ron Posner (561.239.8040) / Adam Stein (561.241.2103)
- 17001 Collins Ave, Unit 3202, Sunny Isles Beach, FL 33160 (Rental) – Ethan Itzkovitz (561.613.9435)
- 4266 D’Este Court, Unit 208, Lake Worth, FL 33467 (Rental) – Antonella Rosano (561.414.0009)
- 14130 Nesting Way A, Delray Beach, FL 33484 (Rental) – Ofir Koren (561.319.7774)
- 1000 Parkview Drive, Hallandale Beach, FL 33009 – Ron Posner (561.239.8040) / Adam Stein (561.241.2103)
- 3883 NW 122 Terrace, Sunrise, FL 33323 – Sasha Pena (786.277.1843)
Stein Posner Sales
As fall crept upon us, our South Florida real estate professionals were racking up sales for our real estate family. Notably, Samona Rosenberg, Melody Bedoya, Adriana Deutsch, and Andres Frontado all sold their first homes with our agency. The 11 properties sold covered South Florida’s east coast from Jupiter to Aventura, and went as far west as Weston.
- 1605 S Us Highway 1, Jupiter, FL 33477 – Gayle Meyerson (561.706.2133)
- 2058 Alta Meadows, Delray Beach, FL 33444 – Lauren Golen (561.445.3262)
- 16294 Via Venetia W, Delray Beach, FL 33484– Jim Davis (954.328.4370)
- 2255 Columbia, Weston, FL 33326– Andres Frontado (361.815.8332)
- 5630 Dewberry Way, West Palm Beach, FL 33415 – Jim Davis (954.328.4370)
- 2340 Vintage Drive, Lighthouse Point, FL 33064 – Fernando Alves (202.538.4070)
- 770 NW 77th Ave, Plantation, FL 33324– Melody Bedoya (954.778.8844)
- 2606 N. Riverside Drive, Pompano Beach, FL 33062 – Ron Posner (561.239.8040) / Adam Stein (561.241.2103)
- 2729 NE 184th Lane, Aventura, FL 33160 – Adriana Deutsch (561-239-5080)
- 1381 SW 16th Street, Boca Raton, FL 33486 – Ron Posner (561.239.8040) / Adam Stein (561.241.2103)
- 9394 Saddlebrook Drive, Boca Raton, FL 33496 – Samona Rosenberg (917.969.7768)
If you’re looking to buy or sell South Florida real estate, enlisting the right real estate professional for the job is more important than ever. You can find that professional at Stein Posner. Call our office today to get started.